Thursday 9 July 2009

Are you judged by the type of car that you have?


I'm not sure, but a lecture on branding during my SPEED placement opened my eyes to the possibility. Personal branding effects all areas of presentation, from the type of clothes that you wear to the cup that you serve your coffee in. I love my car and I haven't had it long, but I'm starting to wondering whether the effect of the Subaru Impreza Turbo has an negative impact on what people think of me as a business women. What do clients envision about my capabilities when the Bailey dump valve goes off, and does the large Prodrive spoiler and pink furry dice scream 'Girl Racer'!?
So, here's the question. Do I sell my car and buy something quiet and more sophisticated for the sake of personal branding, or will people see my car as a choice from a confident and flamboyant designer??

No comments:

Post a Comment